Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Databases and SQL :

access to mysql migration

Quote Reply
access to mysql migration
Hi!

I have created long time ago an access database for private use. But the problem is that I can't access this database thru the internet. So I am thinking to migrate to mysql and php or perl.
Is it possible to simply covert access form to php or perl?
Can anyone point me where to look for info ?

Thaks,

Sasa
Quote Reply
Re: [atomant] access to mysql migration In reply to
You'd have to translate your VBscript functions to Perl and/or PHP functions (like those that control building of drop-down menus, checkboxes, radio buttons, etc. from tables within your database).

In terms of converting your Access DB to MySQL, all you'd have to do is EXPORT the tables as pipe delimited or tab delimited and then use the IMPORT functions within MySQL to import the tables, or you could create a script out of your Access MDB file that you could run through MySQL shell and create your databse, although you'd have to edit the syntax within the CREATE/DROP statements to work with MySQL.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] access to mysql migration In reply to
Thanx for reply. I am a begginer in php programing. What I need is a simple login page so only users can write to the database or change the records only which they created themself and not allowing them to change other records.
Just a question - will this take a lot of time to make like this database ?

Sasa
Quote Reply
Re: [atomant] access to mysql migration In reply to
You might find that AccessDUMP helps to convert the Access database so you can import it into your MySQL database using MySQLMan.