Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Adsense
Mmm, is anyone else having issues with their adsense showing up on sites? :/ For some reason, it seems like the adverts are not showing - just get an error:

Error: _gat is not defined
Source File: http://my-free-css-templates.com/
Line: 499

Seems like its not just my site either (tested 4 other sites, all of which I know have google adsense on their pages)

Mmm , what gives Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Adsense In reply to
Man, whats going on - still not working! I'm sure it started working again yesterday, but now I'm getting the same error!!!!!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Havent seen anything on their site. And its working for me on all sites, english and spanish.

They do say that they dont approve of their ads being "reserved" from an external program. Such as openx for example. Not sure if yours does the same thing or even if its related.

Reserved meaning that their code is part of an advertising program that calls their ads when needed.
If you need to totate with your ads, they provide a tool for it. But they dont approve of you having a tool to rotate their ads with your ads.

Maybe thats whats wrong?

I once broke their TOS with out knowing, and they wrote telling me this and giving me a chance to fix it before banning me. It got fixed and everything is dandy. That was about a year ago.

If youd like, PM me your code and Ill try it on my site and see if ads show up. If they dont, Im guessing its your account and not a general thing.

JC
Quote Reply
Re: [Gorospe] Adsense In reply to
Hi,

Mmm weird - its not working for me on any site (not just mine :)) .. so I don't think its a TOS issue. Very odd.

I don't have any ad-blockers either, which is even weirder.

Ah well, will have to investigate into this a bit more when I get some spare time (not something I get much of at the moment, lol)

Thanks for taking a look though.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Gorospe] Adsense In reply to
Welp, it can't be an issue with my IP - as just tried it on another machine, and shows the adverts fine.

I disabled all my FF add-ons (just in case), and still no luck.

Man - what the hell could be doing it!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Ok, have posted something on their groups page:

http://www.google.com/...97891d789f&hl=en

I just cant work out why its not working - driving me nuts :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Ah ha - got it! Was HostMon that was blocking the google IP for some reason - weird! Seems all good now

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Glad you sorted it out