Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

"List All" works on IE, but not on Netscape...

Quote Reply
"List All" works on IE, but not on Netscape...
I've finally got the whole database working beautifully (thanks to JPDenni and her AWESOME website). Then I get an e-mail from a guy telling me that List All doesn't work. It worked great for me (using Internet Explorer), but then I tried it on Netscape and he's right! When you click on "list all" you get a "search failed."

So I looked into it and I found the problem. When you click on "list all" in Netscape, it tries to find this url: db.cgi?db=default&uid=&view_records=1&Site Name=*

Yes, there's a space in there. "Site Name" is the key field (and the first field) for my database. When you "list all" on Internet Explorer it adds a between Site and Name (makes it look like this: site name), which works fine. Manually putting in the between Site and Name in the url makes netscape work fine also. Does anyone know how I can make it so Netscape will put in the ? Or maybe another way I can get around this?

Quote Reply
Re: "List All" works on IE, but not on Netscape... In reply to
In the config file, I would rename "Site Name" to SiteName. I'm not clear as to if it has the space in your config file- but if it does, try it without the space.

Quote Reply
Re: "List All" works on IE, but not on Netscape... In reply to
The other thing you can do, if you don't want to change the name of your field, is change the link for "List All" within sub html_footer in the html.pl file:

print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&view_records=1&Site+Name=*">List All</A> ! if ($per_view);

JPD