Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

"admin" always appears in a field

Quote Reply
"admin" always appears in a field
Hi ya all !
I have successfully installed and MODIFIED the script (meaning fields). I turned the autogenerate forms off and designed the forms myself. I use the script to keep a user database (title, name, address, personal data, etc). Everything works OK, EXCEPT one field, the "Apartment" field. When I add a new user and put the appartment in (let's say 1125) and then go in the View page and search for that user, in the Apartment field appears "admin". All other fields are OK, exactly like I filled them up, except this one, which actually drives me crazy because I looked in the html.pl and the CFG file and there seems to be no bad setting at all.

Can please explain someone to me, in a nutshell, where the heck the bug could be ?

I'd appreciate it and may you have a happy life and many healthy children if you help me solve this goddam' problem.

Thanks,

Luke
cesy@hotmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: "admin" always appears in a field In reply to
Let me use my crystal ball. I see your Apartment field as being field #9 in your .cfg file. Am I right?

If you have a "userid" field, you need to set

$auth_user_field

to the number of that field. If you do not, you need to set

$auth_user_field = -1;

This is a really common mistake -- so common that it's part of the FAQ at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...es/Detailed/259.html

You're in good company! Smile

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Re: "admin" always appears in a field In reply to
Thanks a ZZZZZZZillllllion times JPD, that worked, thanks once again infinitely !

Luke