Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

$db_dir_url VS $db_script_path on WinNT

Quote Reply
$db_dir_url VS $db_script_path on WinNT
Hi,

I'm a newbie to dbman and must say I got the loginpage after 2 hours of trial and error. The existing threads have been very usefull to, but now I encounter an issue on WinNT I can't find an answer or resolution to.

In default.cfg I have set $db_dir_url = "D:/www/Grido/www/cgi-bin/dbman";

In db.pl I have set $db_script_path = "D:/www/Grido/www/cgi-bin/dbman";

I have read indeed it is not recommended to set the full path in db.pl, but if I don't I keep getting a debug error that default.cfg cannot be found.

So after those changes I was glad to get a loginscreen Tongue. Unfortunately, when I try to enter the admin/admin I received a WIN error : Page cannot be found. The URL he was pointing to was the one from db.pl and thus pointing to my local machine .... Frown.

How should I get around this and be able to logon to the database? I haven't actually customised the database specifications yet. The ones from the downloaded zipfile are still there, but as a test I don't think this can harm ...

The files can be found here:

http://www.grido.be/...bman/default_cfg.txt

http://www.grido.be/cgi-bin/dbman/db_pl.txt

I'm looking forward to some guidance,

Diamonds
Quote Reply
Re: [Diamonds] $db_dir_url VS $db_script_path on WinNT In reply to
Hi Diamonds,

they should be $db_script_path ="D:\\www\\Grido\\www\\cgi-bin\\dbman";

and $db_dir_url =http://yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/dbman;

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] $db_dir_url VS $db_script_path on WinNT In reply to
Hi Tandat,

Yeah, of course it was like this. I could now go on but I'm now struggling with the permissions on auth file ....

The directory auth has the permissions drwxr-xrwx, which makes all files underneath have the same ...

I'm on WinNT and the permissions for do follow the same as the dir in which you create any new stuff ... Trying to find a way to have 777

Thanks
Quote Reply
Hi,

You will be unable to use the chmod on Windows. Please ask your hosting provider for the written permission if DBman cannot write to file

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Blog
Quote Reply
Tandat,

I presume it is true that drwxr-xrwx is not 100% write permitted, isn't it. I really do need to have drwxrwxrwx. Can you confirm?

Although my ISP says it is ok, I still see drwxr-xrwx in WS_FTP 'dirinfo'.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Can you try to change to this drwxrwxrwx?

Cheers,

Dat

Blog
Quote Reply
Hi Tandat,

Another happy newbie. I made a mistake in saying I had a permission problem on the dir auth. Actually it was the default.log that could not be written to.

Write permissions have been granted and I could now log on to the DB !!!

Let's enter the playground now in defining the actual database and customize the HTML.

Your response have been very fast! Cool

See you in a next thread.

Johan (Reveal the nick)