Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

'no matching records' from search on demo

Quote Reply
'no matching records' from search on demo
I'm a newbie just trying to install the demo on my Intranet UNIX box (behind firewall, so I can't grant access- sorry).

It all works except for the search option. I can list all by putting '*' in the keyword box but when I search for say, 'general' which has lots of matches I receive a message saying 'no matching records' together with a correctly filled in search form with 'general' in all the normal fields.

The 'gossamer-threads' site demo works fine for me every time (so I know I'm not misunderstanding what should happen).

I've quadruple-checked permissions - any ideas?

Quote Reply
Re: 'no matching records' from search on demo In reply to
Something is not right in either default.cfg or html.pl but, without being able to see your files, we are just shooting in the dark to identify the problem. Can you upload the files (as plain text files) to a free host account somewhere?

Things you might check for -
config field names match html field names
database contains same number of fields as the config file
(don't forget field numbers begin with 0 <zero> on the field numbers)

Quote Reply
Make sure that you have to de-selected the ww option.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Many thanks for the response - it's good not to feel alone with it.

I haven't modified the files much at all - I've just changed the Perl location and the URL, and as I was editing using pfe (programmers file editor) I used the Unix option to save without LF's. I needed to do this to get the Perl location recognised - it wouldn't run without.

I'll try and get the files onto an accessible site as you suggest (not one readily available today), in the meantime..... any other thoughts from what I've said are most welcome.

Quote Reply
Yes, Whole Word option deselected ok.

I've also put it into debug mode and when I get the accessable site up (see above), I'll post the debug output there.