Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

2 Questions - Not very hard

Quote Reply
2 Questions - Not very hard
I just recently setup DBMan from an address book and changed the fields to name, address etc.

Thing is I cannot get the third field, being LastName to show up when i search. I want everything to show. I read a bit about hidden fields but nothing about unhiding them.

Secondly, I have four categories I have created and there is nothing in the db so that shouldn't be the prob. But it also blanks the category out on a search. This info is going to be password protected so i want to show everything. Either by htaccess to some java method (as i heard htaccess can cause problems)

Anyway thanks for your time,
-ndemon

Quote Reply
Re: 2 Questions - Not very hard In reply to
In Reply To:
Thing is I cannot get the third field, being LastName to show up when i search. I want everything to show. I read a bit about hidden fields but nothing about unhiding them.
Edit the sub html_record to show all fields in your database, like the following:

Code:

$rec{'FirstName'}, $rec{'LastName'}

$rec{'Address'}

Turn off auto-generation. Look in the default.cfg file for $db_auto_generate. Make sure it is set to 0.

In Reply To:
Secondly, I have four categories I have created and there is nothing in the db so that shouldn't be the prob. But it also blanks the category out on a search. This info is going to be password protected so i want to show everything. Either by htaccess to some java method (as i heard htaccess can cause problems)
Also, check that you have if ($per_view) codes in your sub html_record. If all you want people to do is login to view all records, then you will also need to double check your USER permissions in the default.cfg file.

Refer to the following web site for DBMAN Tutorials and User Permission info:

http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/
[/quote]

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
i don't understand what u mean in your second answer.

I don't have any If($per_view) in sub html_record

I do in sub html_home.

Could u please elaborate

Quote Reply
Well...I didn't really understand YOUR question, so I gave it my best shot...be more specific about the problem, because it sounded to me like you were struggling with permission issues!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks for the aqnwer to the first question, it worked fine. I thought I went through the script looking for small mistakes.

Anyway, as for my second problem. I have created four categories, still named Category. The database is empty so I don't think anything is conflicting with that. But when i add a new record it blanks out the Category field. I don't know what other information u could use, just reply If u need anything else.

I apologize for my first question, but I haven't really had this much trouble debugging a script, FAQ was usually enough.