500 Internal Server Error

Quote Reply
500 Internal Server Error
Hi
I installed DBMan at http://hpcenter.vr9.com/cgi-bin/webspace/db.cgi

I only changed the $db_dir_url in default.cfg

If i try to run the script i always get this message:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@vr9.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Well, i checked the error.log and found the following:

syntax error in file /data/hpcenter/cgi-bin/webspace/db.cgi at line 57, next 2 tokens "new Benchmark"
syntax error in file /data/hpcenter/cgi-bin/webspace/db.cgi at line 63, next 2 tokens "new Benchmark"
syntax error in file /data/hpcenter/cgi-bin/webspace/db.cgi at line 63, next 2 tokens "timestr("
syntax error in file /data/hpcenter/cgi-bin/webspace/db.cgi at line 72, next 2 tokens "my ("
syntax error in file /data/hpcenter/cgi-bin/webspace/db.cgi at line 109, next 2 tokens "$auth_signup and"
Execution of /data/hpcenter/cgi-bin/webspace/db.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.
Premature end of script headers: /data/hpcenter/cgi-bin/webspace/db.cgi

Whats up with the script ?
Quote Reply
Re: 500 Internal Server Error In reply to
Are you absolutely certain that you uploaded the files in ASCII format? Try uploading again (you may have to reset the permissions).

According to Alex almost all 500 errors are caused either by not uploading on or more files in ASCII format or by not setting the permissions correctly.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Well, i uploaded them in ASCII (I'm absolutely sure) and set the permisiions correctly.
and the errors in the posted error.log ? are that normal errors if i upload not in ASCII or set the permissions wrong, ore do the errors express something else ?

Thanks
C-ya
Quote Reply
I don't have any idea about error logs. I've never looked at one. Smile

Are you running on a Win95 or NT system? You might need to set "flock" to 0 in the .cfg file (although you should probably get a different error message if that's the problem).

You also may need to change the path to perl in the first line of db.cgi. (I forgot that one when I answered you the first time. Sorry.)

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Thanks so far

I uploaded the script on another server and it worked. i think its a problem with vr9.com

C-ya