Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Actually displaying the db.cgi file rather than log in screen

Quote Reply
Actually displaying the db.cgi file rather than log in screen
I am very new to this script editing thing but after much time and effort managed to install a version of dbman (admittedly very basic and barely altered anything from the demo version). I have now had to move the script to a new server. The server is linux, I have ensured the db.cgi and default.cfg file have the minor alterations required in order to be able to access the demo login screen - but I just can't understand where I have gone wrong. If you look at http://www.cityofswansea.com/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi you will see that the page is actually displaying the script itself!! I have uploaded it ASCII and made it to chmod 755 and am now completely baffled - please can someone offer some help or advice

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: [ERD001] Actually displaying the db.cgi file rather than log in screen In reply to
Try running it from the cgi-bin and not the dbman folder.

If it does not work, try running ANY real simple perl script in the cgi-bin to test your perl.

I think I've seen this covered in the forum before, good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: [joematt] Actually displaying the db.cgi file rather than log in screen In reply to
Thankyou very much for your response, I shall try that right away and let you know how it goes,

I must say I'm well impressed with this forum, first one I've found where people actually offer help advice
In Reply To: