Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Admin Vs. User Login

Quote Reply
Admin Vs. User Login
1.How can i change script that allows me to log in as a administrator and change option
but if redirect user to add form without login in.

By tha way Thanks to JD he is the MAN!
Quote Reply
Re: Admin Vs. User Login In reply to
2. HOW CAN I CALL FROM WEBPAGE ONLY 1 ITEM FOR ADDED DATABASE
Example:
-------------
Your record was added.
city: Edison
state: New jersey
blabla: dont know
blabla: dont know
-------------
your state is:
THIS OPTION

3. HOW CAN I GET RID OFF THE:
city:
state:
blabla:
blabla:
from example above in the user search outputso the only option dyspaled is
----------
Edison
New Jersey
dont know
dont know

Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply

Quote:
By tha way Thanks to JD he is the MAN!

I know you can't tell it from my handle, but I'm really a woman!!

Thank you.

I'm not sure about what you're asking in these questions. Can you give a little more detail of what you want to accomplish?

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Forget the second Message.
Sorry About my English.3rd language.

Ok Here is the story.
when i change options in .cfg file
authentication to 1 i can not log in as a admin.and i need that to adminoister the database But i want all viewers (if they Want to add ther site)to simply redirect to add form withoutcreating account or login in.Do i have to just change the table in html.with path going directly to add form or what.

2.The second thing is How can i preform simple search (actual command typeing in html) So the people choose the state (example)and click search and it will preform search by state.
3.I have planty more but that later.
if u want try loging in and try it
www.ict2000.com/cgi-ict2000/db.cgi

thank JPD You r the Woman!
Quote Reply
I have a lot of admiration for anyone who knows anything about 3 languages! Smile

With your first question, you have to set

$auth_no_authentication = 0;

in order to be able to login as admin. But you can have a default user add records. Set

$auth_allow_default = 1;
@auth_default_permissions = (1,1,0,0,0);

With that setup, users can add without logging in, but only you can modify or delete their records. Is that what you wanted?

I'm still not sure about your search question. Unless you want to have a search form that's different from the add/modify form(?). If that's what you want, copy your html_record_form subroutine and paste it somewhere (not in another subroutine! Smile ) in your html.pl file. Change the name to html_search_form. Delete all the fields you don't want people to search on. In html_view_search, change

&html_record_form();

to

&html_search_form();

That should do it. If I've misunderstood what you want to do, give it another try. I'm slow sometimes, but eventually I get there. Smile

I think it's wise to work on one or two things at a time. We'll still be here when you're ready for more.

Quote:
thank JPD You r the Woman!

Thank you!

------------------
JPD