Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Admin can't view/modify others' records

Quote Reply
Admin can't view/modify others' records
Hello, my script work perfectly well a day ago. After I made some changes, esp., I turned off the auto_generate_form and created my own form. Then Admin can't view/modify others' record. But Admin can view/modify records created by Admin. Others can also view/modify their OWN records.

Any ideas??? Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: Admin can't view/modify others' records In reply to
I should've added that Admin can also has his admin function, say create users. But still Admin can only view/modify/delete the records he created but not the ones created by other users.

I know a bit perl. It's great if any one can help me which aspect should I look for. Thx!
Quote Reply
I don't have any ideas off the top of my head. I would need to see text versions of your scripts and to have access to your database online, with admin permission. If you'd rather not post them to the forum, you can send me email at hall@drizzle.com . Please do not send me your scripts, though. Copy them in a directory on your website and change the extensions to ".txt" so I can read them online.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Thank you so much JPDeni! You are right,

DPDeni wrote:
###############
In the html.pl script, sub html_record_form, change the hidden field:

<input type=hidden name="Userid" value="$db_userid">

to

<input type=hidden name="Userid" value="$rec{'Userid'}">

The script will add the userid to the field when the record is
created.

I'm sure this will fix everthing for you.

##############

I really appreciate you help. I'll register the script soon after some more testing.