Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Another Question

Quote Reply
Another Question
Hi,

This is what I need. When the user searches through one database for products, they see the result. Each result item number will be a link for that product. Now, this link will have a description of the product. This way, instead of adding to the shopping cart right at the search results, they can see more information.

This link will have the same variables as the previous database, except this database will have a different html.pl files and maybe different config.pl files, but other then that they will both be using the same default.db.

So my question is as follows, how can I link the search results with the new database, and they will see a description of that product.

I hope you understand my question.

Thank You
Eli Finkelman
Quote Reply
Re: Another Question In reply to
I wouldn't have two databases. Too much work.

You can have one database do the whole thing, with having two different displays of the results.

When a user does a search, the first info that comes up is a list, with one record per row. Included in each record is a link which has a link to a more detailed display (the description of your product).

There was much discussion about this a while back. Do a search here on the forum for "detailed display" (or maybe just "detailed") and you should be able to figure out how to do it.

------------------
JPD