Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Attn: JPDeni. Small typo on short.txt

Quote Reply
Attn: JPDeni. Small typo on short.txt
http://www.drizzle.com/~hall/dbmod/short.html

Anyone who is looking for detailed view, short display, long display thingies... visit the above site from a DBMan guru (JPDeni).

Ok, a$$-kissing aside, there's a small typo on the short.txt on the site. The short.html is fine, but if users downloaded the text version and copied the code (and went off to a cave to web building), they would have an error.

The line,
<a href="$db_script_link_url&ww=on&$db_key=$rec{$db_key}&view_records=1">$rec{'field name'}"</a><BR>
in the text file has a $dollar sign instead of an &ampersand in front of view_records. Change it to ampersand.

The HTML file on the site is fine, but the text file needs that fix.

JPD, thanks for the great mod(s).

There are other mods avail in the same dir, such as validate, censor, new, and a modified html.pl method for ease of use.
Quote Reply
Re: Attn: JPDeni. Small typo on short.txt In reply to
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!

All of those mods are not ready to be read yet, which is why I didn't put up the index page. That'll teach me, I guess.

I'll have to take everything down, I guess, or at least the things that I haven't mentioned here.

Thanks for the info on the typo, though.

------------------
JPD

-----------------
On second thought, if you want them, take them. Use at your own risk.

[This message has been edited by JPDeni (edited February 02, 1999).]
Quote Reply
I think I also noticed and extra " in the above line also.
Quote Reply
Oops, sorry if I ruined your surprise. Smile

I saw another guy post the URL and so I went and checked it out, and found them really useful.

If you need beta testers, I am ready. I'll email you next time if I spot something on other mods... which - now I look at it - is what I should've done in the first place.

P.S. Please don't take them down. Some really desperate users (like me) can use them at their own risk.
Quote Reply
It's okay. Smile It was just a bit of a shock to see everything mentioned here. I don't react to surprises very well.

I haven't looked everything over enough as yet to be sure there won't be problems. But you're welcome to pull out anything in that directory that you want.

------------------
JPD