Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Authentication problems

Quote Reply
Authentication problems
I'm trying to get the demo running and am consistently running into a wall. I've read JPDeni's excellent tutorial and searched this forum and can't find the answer. Maybe I've missed something. However..
I've taken the default files and installed on a windows server. The only changes I've made are as follows:

In db.pl (changed from .cgi due to windows environment)
#!/Perl/bin/perl
$db_script_path = "/Inetpub/NewResDev/Cgi-bin/DBMan";

In default.cfg:
$db_dir_url = "http://<domain name>/cgi-bin/dbman";
$db_use_flock = 0;

File permissions have been checked and double-checked as per JPDeni.

Problem is when $auth_no_authentication = 0; I get no login screen; I get the Main Menu screen with no permissions and only Home and Log Off as possible actions. When $auth_no_authentication = 1; I still get the Main Menu but with whatever permissions are set for default user. This occurs regardless of $auth_allow_default setting, i.e., can be set to 0 or 1, makes no difference.

I am at a loss and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bill

Quote Reply
Re: [BillH] Authentication problems In reply to
ummm ... there's another type of permissions to consider : user permissons not the file ones.

Go back to JPDeni's site, she's got a permission setting script going on to help you setup dbman for each type of user and how or if they have to login or not.

also, recently LoisC posted again about how to keep data viewable but require login through a link ... either this forum or the customization one.

good luck

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Post deleted by BillH In reply to