Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Bad "Time" on install. ..

Quote Reply
Bad "Time" on install. ..
Hi All--
the error log on my first attempt to access the script has a "time" error, and another:
Can't locate Time/Local.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/i686-linux/5.00404 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /www/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi line 1071.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /www/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi line 1071.
httpd: [Sat Jul 31 17:18:41 1999] [error] [client 208.16.34.67] Premature end of script headers: /www/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi
Any clues here? I checked, and have no such "time" program on the server. One we do have is named date.

------------------
--MJ
Quote Reply
Re: Bad "Time" on install. .. In reply to
I think your server needs to upgrade its version of Perl. The one at www.activestate.com has the Time module within it.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Good catch. Way to go Carol. I just got a reply from our ISP server admin guys, and we're missing th .03 after the 5. Just 5.0. I've got instructions to upgrade it.

------------------
--MJ
Quote Reply
 Smile Just experience. Actually, I recall several questions identical to this from quite a ways back that Alex answered.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Ok, Same question. Our system has V5.004 and we get a similar error message.

Can't locate Time/Local.pm in @INC

(@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/i686-linux/5.00404
/usr/lib/perl5
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i686-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl

.) at db.cgi line 1071.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at db.cgi line 1071.

Have spent hours looking for a work around or something. Any help would be great.
Thanks

------------------
Jon Day
DaySite Web Hosting
www.daysite.net
jon@daysite.net
Quote Reply
Same problem, same answer. Your ISP needs to upgrade their version of Perl. The version available at ActiveState has the Time module as part of the distribution.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
First, I would look to be sure you have the correct path to perl as the first line of the db.cgi script.

Second, the message about carriage returns means that at least one of the files was uploaded in binary mode. Upload all of your files again and reset your permissions, making certain that you have everything in ASCII mode.

Just because you have Perl 5.00404 on your system does not mean that you have the Time.pm module. Some distributions do not include it. The one from ActiveState does.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Thanks for the reply. This is kind of confusing, since it looks like we do have the proper version, Perl 5.00404.

DBMan is looking for Time/Local.pm in
/usr/lib/perl5. I verified that /usr/lib/perl5/Time exists on our server, and Local.pm is in there.

Yet the CGI Error says "Error loading required libraries". It looks like the script is looking in the wrong place, but am not sure how to change that.

The other error message suggest to check for permissions, which are set as instructed.

The last error message talks about stripping carriage returns after network transfer. Don't think this is applicable yet since no data was sent.

What should I look for now?

Thanks
Jon
Quote Reply
Hi Again.

Thanks! The program does work. [ Smile

We do have the proper version of Perl.

The shebang line if corret.

Don't know how one of the files got loaded in Binary. Am using WS_FTP Pro, set on Auto. Last time I do that.

See ya....
Jon
Quote Reply
Never use "auto" to upload scripts! There is a way that you can go in and add all the file extensions that are uploaded in ASCII mode, but the safest way to upload scripts is to set it to ASCII.

------------------
JPD