Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Basic instalation problem (simple I guess)

Quote Reply
Basic instalation problem (simple I guess)
I have a problem with the instalation of dbman (you can see the error at http://virtualdrinks.com.ar/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi)

What I did is copy all the files at my cgi-bin/dbman/ and tried to run the demo. I did everything the readme told me to modify and gave the rigth permissions to the files.
I put all the files in the same folder and I created a dir called auth (gave it 777 permission and left it empty) I left auth.pl in the dbman dir (since I guess this was what I had to do). I think there is some kind of problem with the authentification since I cant log in with the default passwords (i am using the demo) but I connect to the database and everything seems to work if I go to:
http://virtualdrinks.com.ar/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi?uid=default (except the error that I dont understand)
I guess I made a mistake somewhere but I dont know what it is. I hope someone more experienced than me with this will be able to help me.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Basic instalation problem (simple I guess) In reply to
Hi,

The error is being displayed because you have $db_debug = 1 in your config.

To get past the password problems, set:

$auth_allow_default = 1;
@auth_default_permissions = (1,1,1,1,1);

and go to:

db.cgi?uid=default

then click on Admin and delete all the old users and create your own. The problem arises from different versions of crypt I believe.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Basic instalation problem (simple I guess) In reply to
Thanks Alex
I was aware of $db_debug = 1 (the readme)
The different versions of crypt part is a bit cryptic to me... but my main corncern was that the error made the script not to work in some way (it worked ok AFAIK though).

Have you seen the
PATH:/root/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin: /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/ssl/bin

in the error? is this normal?
sorry if this is a dumb question..

thanks