Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Building HTML pages

Quote Reply
Building HTML pages
Is it at all possible to build html pages that all look the same and contain images and text with dbman? i would also like additional databases so i could archive info. thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Building HTML pages In reply to
Sure. You just need to add the information to the subroutines in html.pl. Each subroutine creates a page.

The other thing you can do is go to http://www.drizzle.com/~hall/dbmod/user.html and pick up what I call my "user-friendly" html.pl file. Some people have had problems figuring it out, though, so I guess it's not as user-friendly as I thought it was. Smile

Anyway, with the modification, you can define the header and footer information in the separate "format.pl" file and it will show up on all of your pages, even if you have more than one database.

There's some info on archiving in another message just a couple of days ago. I believe the word "archive" is in the topic title.

------------------
JPD
Quote Reply
Re: Building HTML pages In reply to
What I like to do is rename the "html.pl" file to "html.pl.html" and put the <HTML> tag at the top of the document and the </HTML> tag at the bottom. This way you can keep an eye on your output and even open it in an html editor such as Pagemill. Just be careful when opening it in an editor, it can really work your code over if you are not careful.