Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

CGI Error Syntax Error: Time::local

Quote Reply
CGI Error Syntax Error: Time::local
Now, I know it's not a syntax error per se, but that the module is not installed on my server. Yet I do not know where to get it from...

My server has a little debugger to verify the scripts that are installed. here's what the debugger had to say:
Checking //www/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi for common errors:

Existance check... File Exists.
Checking for zero size... File size is OK.
Checking permissions... File is executable.
Checking for ASCII format... File is an ascii file.
Checking Syntax...
Syntax Errors were found in your file!
Can't locate Time/Local.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at //www/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi line 1071.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at //www/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi line 1071.

It could also be the problem for the people reporting 500 error, when they did transfer everything in ASCII and give the proper permission...
Quote Reply
Re: CGI Error Syntax Error: Time::local In reply to
Your hosting company needs to install the Local.pm module that is used to parse dates in DBMAN...Contact your Hosting Company.

BTW: This has been discussed NUMEROUS times in this Forum, please try to search the forum before posting questions.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
thanks for the answer...
I had done a search before, and failed to find anything. Actually, I'm still doing searches... Argh! Finally thought about doing a search on local.pm instead of time::local
I'm off to read those...

Quote Reply
Good...

All you need to do is have your Hosting Company install the most current version of Local.pm from www.cpan.org . Or if you are hosting your own site, then you need to upgrade your Perl package to Perl 5.00503 from ActiveState, which includes the current Local.pm file you need for DBMAN.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center