Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Can't add any more records

Quote Reply
Can't add any more records
Hi all..

I just like to say i like the dbman script very much, it worked fine till yesterday.. i had just finshed with the install and was adding my records after i had added 70 records, when i wanted to add the next record i got trough typing the record.. but when i submitted the record to the database i got a 500 internal server error..

If i would have encounterd this problem right after install i would have believed i had done something wrong with my permissions or the acsii upload.. but that's all fine since i got it to work very well at first..
and all other features as view and admin still work so what can be wrong??

Please help...

Greetings from a desperate dbman user:-))
Blade
Quote Reply
Re: Can't add any more records In reply to
Have you made any changes to the actual script? Have there been any changes to your server? (I had someone write to me about an identical problem. He had email messages sent when a record was added and his server had moved "sendmail" without telling him.)

Without more info, I'm afraid I can't offer you a whole lot of advice.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Hi JPDeemi,

well I would love to give you the info, but i haven't got any, I only know I modified the script so it could go with my interface..

Afterwards it worked just fine..i could add delet modify and so on...

But all of a sudden on 71st record the server breaks up.. 500 internal server error.. i can't view any server logs so i woul'don't know what caused the problem...

But Oh mabey this is the problem.. I wanted the id field out cause anybody could see it..
so I removed it and changed the key to number that's a new field i added at the bottem, and put view permissions on -1 so no one could see..

But before that.. i had the telefone numbers as the key so the first number next after i had number my key was something like 01024567
so maybe this is to much for the db to comprehand or something maybey you can tell me..

That's teh only thing i can think of since the script worked just fine..

Couldn't it just be a problem with the server.. since the script worked fine in the beginning.. and i'm not referring to the post function, since that one isn't on in my script.. and the haven't relocated the perl path.. thas one thing for sure otherwise the rest wouldn't work to would it.. but can't there be an other problem with the server?

Thanx for helping anyway...

Blade
Quote Reply
sorry for the typo on your name Jpdeni
Quote Reply
Adding a field after you've started entering data can be a real problem. Did you adjust your database to account for the added field?

Changing the key field and whether you want DBMan to track the key can even be a greater problem.

Take a look at your .count file and see what's there. You shouldn't have had $db_key_track set to 1 before, because you weren't really counting the files. Since the problem only comes with adding, it appears that the change of the key may have been the problem.

What I find most interesting is that the default.count file that comes with DBMan has the number 70 in it. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I don't think this is a coincidence.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Ok thanks for the update..i'll try that..
I must say i didn't reconfiggured teh scripts track-key and field after I had added some records i did it before that.. but maybe its beter to start all over again i think i have ajusted it a little to many, to get to the real problem..

But ill try to see wat's in the default.count after that ill let yoiu know what i came up with..

Thanx anyway...

Greetings Blade
Quote Reply
'Scuse me for butting in, but...

I had a similar problem - I could do everything except ADD. I solved it by looking at the .count file, which had been set to 1. I was using ID as the key, and I was trying to add records to a database I had not created in dbman. So, dbman was trying to add a record with an automatically given ID of "1" to a database which already had a record with an ID of "1". Hence, the error message.

When I changed the key to "userid" the problem was solved.

Hope this helps.

Rick
Quote Reply
Ok Thanx alot i'll try thatone 2.
I looked at my defaut.count, and i only saw 51, but when i use the option view all, I'm sure i have 67 records.. so I'll try to change the key to telofne numbre thats identical, mabey that will help.

Thanx and greetings

Blade