Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Can't find default.pass on local

Quote Reply
Can't find default.pass on local
I'm customizing Dbman using a local webserver, and I keep getting an error in db.cgi saying that it cannot find default.pass. If I load the original files on a remote server, the program runs okay. But as soon as customize my database definition locally, and try to run it locally, the local server is somehow corrupting the default.pass file. Even if I reload it remotely, I still get a cgi error: cannot find default.pass. File or directory does not exist.

But it does exist!

My default.cfg is just fine -- because I used the original one without any customizations. Still get the "cannot find default.pass" message.

Is there some reason why Dbman will not correctly utilize the default.pass file when running locally? And why does it seem to destroy default.pass in the process?

Is there some way around this. I was originally using Xitami, but Xitami was messing terribly with my Windows registry, so I switched to "Tiny Web," which seems to be more stable, though it will not handle GUI graphics. This is still preferable to logging on and off and on and off of my remove server.

Please help.
Thanks, Barb

Quote Reply
Re: Can't find default.pass on local In reply to
I use Personal Web Server at home, and I had a bugger of a time getting any CGI script working. In the end, I found I had to specify the full paths for everything. PWS couldn't understand ./whatever (which is typical of windows)

It may not be the solution here, but it's just a thought...

- Mark

Astro-Boy!!
http://www.zip.com.au/~astroboy/