Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Can't locate Time/Local.pm

Quote Reply
Can't locate Time/Local.pm
I have installed DBMan on the server. There is a CGI test program provided by the ISP. When I run it I get the following error:
Can't locate Time/Local.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/i686-linux/5.00404 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at db.cgi line 1071.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at db.cgi line 1071.
I have had the ISP reinstall Perl for me and I know the module is installed, but not in any of the paths listed in the error. The path is at /usr/lib/perl5/5.00502/Time/Local.pm
I have searched for hours through the last years posting and have tried numerous suggestions, but still cannot get it to work.
What do I need to change in db.cgi and/or default.cfg to point to the correct path for this module, or is this a function of Perl?
Thanks,
Hal
Quote Reply
Re: Can't locate Time/Local.pm In reply to
Hi Hal:

Locate this line at db.cgi:

eval {
unshift (@INC, $db_script_path);
require 5.003; # We need at least Perl 5.003
unless ($db_setup =~ /^[A-Za-z0-9]+$/) { die "Invalid config file name: $db_setup"; }
require "$db_setup.cfg"; # Database Definition File
require "auth.pl"; # Authorization Routines
};

change it to:

eval {
unshift (@INC, $db_script_path);
unshift (@INC, '/usr/lib/perl5/5.00502');
require 5.003; # We need at least Perl 5.003
unless ($db_setup =~ /^[A-Za-z0-9]+$/) { die "Invalid config file name: $db_setup"; }
require "$db_setup.cfg"; # Database Definition File
require "auth.pl"; # Authorization Routines
};

Try this and if this does not work post another message to tell me.

------------------
-------------------- Gossamer Threads Inc. ----------------------
Sun Djaja Email: sun@gossamer-threads.com
Internet Consultant
http://www.gossamer-threads.com

Quote Reply
I tried that, but got the same results. The path it is searching did not change, it did not appear to look at the path we entered. More suggestions?
Thanks,
Hal
Quote Reply
Hi Hal:

I can't tell what the problem is from your description. Perhaps you could give me the URL where I can see the error message.

Cheers
Sun