Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Can this be done? How?

Quote Reply
Can this be done? How?
I have a dilemma, and i'm not even positive that this can be done...BUT...I am in the midst of creating an e-commerce site for someone to sell books. These books are going to be downloaded only after the customer checks out. They want it to be that when the customer checks out and gets the receipt page, that either DBMan or the shopping cart software recognizes which book they purchased and gives them a link to just that book. It will also have to be password protected so they can only download the book that they paid for. I know this probably sounds confusing, but if someone could shed some light on this, I would be very grateful! Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Can this be done? How? In reply to
DBMAN has been used for ecommerce projects before and quite successfully. I would recommend looking at the Sites in Action in the Resource Center for possible models. Also, there is a new DBMAN based site using a shopping cart program for front end processes. This SITE is advertised in a recent Thread in the Discussion Forum...where I might add should be the forum to post these types of requests.

The Installation Forum is for just that...discussing technical issues surrounding installing DBMAN.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited January 20, 2000).]