Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Change the background color

Quote Reply
Change the background color
Hi. How can i do to change the background color of the dbmsn's screens?
Thanks a lot.

Cardozo
Quote Reply
Re: Change the background color In reply to
Open html.pl. Look for

<body bgcolor="#DDDDDD">

in all of the "page" subroutines.

Change the "#DDDDDD" to whatever you want.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Re: Change the background color In reply to
Although I have my doubts that someone who doesn't know how to change a background color will be interested in using a stylesheet to do so, I think they're definitely worth a consideration. But you must be using the later versions of MSIE, Netscape, or Opera, among others. And some browsers support more styles than others.

Stylesheets can give all your pages a consistent look without having to make separate settings for each page. You can create a stylesheet by opening a text editor, placing your styles in it, and saving the file with a .css extension. The stylesheet should be placed within the HEAD tags of subroutines &html_page_top, and &html_error_page_top. That's all there is to it.

as an example:
<head><LINK rel=STYLESHEET href="http://www.domain.com/dbman/dbman.css" Type="text/css"></head>

The following style can be used to set the margins, text color, and background color of all your <body> tags:
BODY
{
padding-top: 0.0in;
padding-left: 0.10in;
padding-right: 0.10in;
padding-bottom: 0.25in;
background:#ff8c1a;
color:#000000;
}

The following style can be used to set the font types for the <P>, <TD>, and <UL> tags for all your pages:
P, UL, TD{font-family: Arial,Helvetica,Verdana,sans serif;}

The following style can customize your <small>...</small> tags to be whatever size you prefer:
small {font-size: 12.5px;}

The following style can give you unordered lists without the bullets next to each entry:
UL.nobullets {list-style: none;}

use it in your HTML like this:
<ul class=nobullets>
<li>...</li>
</ul>

In other words, you can create your own "classes" to create new styles or to override those within your stylesheet.

If you're using the latest versions of MSIE or Opera, you can take a look at my DBMan stylesheet implementation at www.west.net/~mel/dbman

M.E.L.