Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Clickable Link

Quote Reply
Clickable Link
Hi,

I'd like to know how to set up a clickable Email link. I've enabled the Autogenerate option. Everything's o.k, except the email part. I'd like it to open a regular mailto: email form when clicked.

I'd read some earlier posts, and I tried putting quotes around the email in db_def :

'Email' => [10, 'alpha', '40', 100, 1, '', ''],

It still does not work..Can somebody help?

Thanks!
Joe
Quote Reply
Re: Clickable Link In reply to
You need to turn autogenerate = 0

In your html.pl, under the sub html_record { section, add this:

Quote:
<TR><TD ALIGN="Right" VALIGN="TOP"><$font_color>Email: </FONT></TD>
<TD> <$font><A HREF="mailto:$rec{'Email'}">$rec{'Email'}</A></Font></TD></TR>

[This message has been edited by Katana Man (edited February 06, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Hi,

Thanks for the tip! It worked...=:-)

A few more questions, please..
===================================
1). In the last field on HTML sub record form
Ive added the USER ID as hidden (-1) but it still appears as a small empty box in the form...Is there some way for making it hidden?(I've enabled "modify/view own" in default.cfg)

<TR><TD ALIGN="Right" VALIGN="TOP"><$font>Userid:</FONT></TD>
<TD VALIGN="TOP"> <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="Userid" VALUE="$rec{'Userid'}" SIZE="-1" MAXLENGTH="15"></TD></TR>

2). Using the default settings autogenerate=1, It was easy to set required fields, now that i'm using my own form, how do I set the "required" fields in the HTML sub record form?

3). Is the Database Definition (db_def) in default.cfg relevant, now that I have set autogenerate=0

Does it have to match my own form's fields in html.pl?

Thanks in advance,

Joe
Quote Reply

Code:
<input type="hidden" name="Userid" value="$rec{'Userid'}">

Quote:
2). Using the default settings autogenerate=1, It was easy to set required fields, now that i'm using my own form, how do I set the "required" fields in the HTML sub record form?

Same thing. If you set a field as required in the .cfg file, it will be required whether you use autogenerate or not.

Quote:
3). Is the Database Definition (db_def) in default.cfg relevant, now that I have set
autogenerate=0?

The only thing from db_def that isn't relevant is the form length. Everything else applies.

Quote:
Does it have to match my own form's fields in html.pl?

I'm not sure what you mean. The field names must be the same, but you can set your own field lengths. Is that what you're asking?

------------------
JPD