Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Comments Tag in Database

Quote Reply
Comments Tag in Database
I have the dbman working great. I am integrating DBman with a shopping cart program that will search the database. Problem is, I am creating a keywords field to make the search accurate. I ca't get DBman to write a comment tag to the database so the keywords wont show on the page e.g., <!--key words here-->
Here is my configuration now...I am looking for field #14:
SearchWords => [14, 'alpha', '60x3', 2000, 0, '<!--type key words here-->',

------------------
Looking for a cost effective way to do real business on the web? ... Join The Club!
Pinnacle-Club Internet Marketing Systems http://www.pinnacle-club.com
Quote Reply
Re: Comments Tag in Database In reply to
I see how that would work. Problem is the shop cart script has it's own search engine. I am using DBman simply to write to the database, then the cart takes over from there. The cart will generate a page from the fields in the database, that is why I needed to "hode" the keywords in the form of a <!--comment-->, seen as the results will be shown on the page.
Quote Reply
Hmmm....I don't know why you would want to use the Comment code for this. All you have to do is not print the SearchWords field in your sub html_record routine.

Yet what you need to do is create a new sub-routine called search_form, which would include the field to search, then you would have to replace the sub html_record with sub search_form.

This will allow people to search that field, but it won't print the keywords in the search result page (utilizing the sub html_record routine.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Well, the codes that you have will not work.

For one thing the comment codes you have inserted in the default value attribute of field will cause an error message for all records.

What you will have to do is add some codes to the sub html_record routine like the following:

Code:
$rec{'SearchWords'} = <!--$rec{'SearchWords'}-->

at the top of the sub-routine after the following codes:

Code:
my (%rec) = @_;

Or you can try the following codes after the print qq| codes in the same sub-routine:

Code:
<!--$rec{'SearchWords'}-->

BTW: This forum is for initial installs of DBMAN. Since you are now working with a customized version, please post your questions or problems in the Discussion Forum.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------