Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Customize 'List all'

Quote Reply
Customize 'List all'
I'm running a nice bookdatabase using DBMan on my www.oracle-home.com site, and I'm very pleased with it. There's just one thing that I would like (and my visitors too). My database contains english, german and dutch books. In addition to the 'list all' button, I want to enable the visitors to push a button for all english, all german etc titles. I tried to fiddle with the search string, but I keep getting errors. How would I build a search hyperlink for books in one specific language assuming the language field is actually called language (...) ?
Quote Reply
Re: Customize 'List all' In reply to
<A HREF="$db_script_link_url&view_records=1&language=German">List All German</A>

Hope this helps.

------------------
JPD
Quote Reply
Thanks for the reply, but... it doesn't work. I tried this already by copying the link in netscape and adding the language=german myself. I keep getting 'no search term specified'. The answer must be similar, but with something that DBMan sees as a search term.

------------------
Regards,
Mike Philippens
Quote Reply
OK, it works. Something really stupid... Apparently DBMan is case-sensitive about field names. Changed the string to Language=whatever and it works! Thanks again.

------------------
Regards,
Mike Philippens