Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Displaying db name with multiple db's

Quote Reply
Displaying db name with multiple db's
Thanks to persons who would rather give than to receive, I am making great progress toward configuring dbman. :-)

I'm working on a Directory with several db's driven by a single html.pl and db.cgi script. I have a jump off page for default users (utilizing a cgi redirect script and 'go' button) that loads the desired database for each locality.

I fear that clients will browse around in several db's and then possibly make an entry in the wrong db - one for another locality. Another html.pl file would fix this but I'm hoping to find another way.

This displayed database name could also be very useful in the email notifications that will go out.

I have been unable to discover how to display (in the menu) the particular db name that's been loaded. Best I could do was: "file_name" ? which did return the name but also a slash and the extension "db". How do I just get the loaded db name to print?

Carolynn

Quote Reply
Re: Displaying db name with multiple db's In reply to
There's a variable called $db_setup which is the name of the database. It's defined in db.cgi, near the top of the script.

I thought you were supposed to be sleeping well, now that you know your records are safe! Wink

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Re: Displaying db name with multiple db's In reply to
Never would have figured this out on my own.

JPDeni - whoever you are - wherever you are, thank you. As we say here in the South: You da man!

cyberhugs,

Carolynn