Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Embeding html and other elements.

Quote Reply
Embeding html and other elements.
I am hoping to find a way to embed an html document into the sub html_page_top. The idea is to use Flash based animations in the headers of the records. Any suggestions on this type of customization would be helpful. Thanks. M Neely

------------------
Graduate Student - Savannah College of Art & Design
3D Animation / Interactive Development
Quote Reply
Re: Embeding html and other elements. In reply to
I don't know much about flash.
I have Gifs that change depending on what Country a user has selected in my sub html_page_top.
Give me an example of how you would call the Flash anamition. Should not be to hard to incorperate.

Bob
Quote Reply
The EMBED tag is used to include Flash and Shockwave files into html pages. Here's an example of the code that Flash generates to incorporate the animation into the html document;

<OBJECT classid="clsid 27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0"
ID=SCADAR WIDTH=100% HEIGHT=100%>
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="SCADAR.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#000000> <EMBED src="SCADAR.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH=100% HEIGHT=100% TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>
Quote Reply
I have succeeded in using the EMBED tag to import Flash animation into DBMan both into records and into title area of the general layout of the returned html. I will post a site to show what this means as soon as I can get the Flash headers created and imported. Thanks again enquiring about my problem.
Quote Reply
I'm sorry, I still don't understand your problem. As I said I realy don' know much about Flash.
If you have had success in returning animations elseware, then you should be able to do the same within sub html_page_top, as it is returned as part of the overall html page.
As long as it is inside the print qq| the <object> and <embed> tags should be returned.
What happens when you put the embed info inside your html_page_top.

Bob
Quote Reply
Here's what I figured out how to do. It's not much, but for 4 days experience with cgi, I'm happy with the results. All of my embed tags are working now. Here's the URL:
http://caveartmedia.com/scadgrad/index.html

You will need the Flash plug-in to view the database page. There is a link to acquire the plug-in from Macromedia. Let me know your thoughts when you've seen the database set up and running. Thanks again,
Michael Neely mn@caveartmedia.com
Quote Reply
I'm glad you got it working.
Your site is looking good. I have to start getting into some flash stuff. Maybe I'll have a couple of questions for you then.
You could move over into the Discussion forum, now you have overcome all your install stuff.
Keep up the good work.

Bob