Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Enter / submit

Quote Reply
Enter / submit
If donīt get a result after writing a query and push "Enter" (I just get back to the main page), only after hitting the submit-button (view_search) with the mouse, I get the result. Any idea?
Quote Reply
Re: Enter / submit In reply to
That's right. That's how it works.

I understand you can add a hidden field to do what you want.

In html_view_search, around where the other hidden fields are, you can try adding

<input type="hidden" name="view_records" value="1>

That might work.

------------------
JPD

All my advice is offered on the basis of kindness-ware. If I've helped you to solve a problem, go out of your way to be kind to someone today.

Quote Reply
Thanks for your helps!
How do you mean thatīs how it works?
Canīt I get the &view_search action by pushing "Enter" and "Return" . I think I should.

------------------
Quote Reply
I think you can if you add the hidden field I recommended. The reason I say "that's how it works" is that there is information within the submit button that tells the script what to do -- like whether you want to view records, delete records, add a record -- whatever. If you don't use the submit button, DBMan doesn't know what you want to do. By using the hidden field I mentioned, it passes the information that DBMan needs to process the search.

------------------
JPD

All my advice is offered on the basis of kindness-ware. If I've helped you to solve a problem, go out of your way to be kind to someone today.

Quote Reply
Since I am a beginner in programing, I finally understood your solution. Thanks

------------------