Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Error: No Matching Records

Quote Reply
Error: No Matching Records
Hi,

After great success with DBMan for a water quality data site, I'm fiddling with DBman as a possible replacement for our County Chamber's calendar program. The idea would be to allow a default user to log in to view and then individual organizations to be able to sign-up and add entries.

It allows users to sign up and post BUT there are a few problems:

1) After entry (record added screen) all you see is a blank entry even though the data entered IS written to the db.

2) When searching as a user to modify record, no matches are found even if "*" is used as search term.

3) Finally (and surely at the root of it all) the Userid is not being written to the db.

The calendar is at:
www.leelanau.com/cgi-bin/db/db.cgi

Here is a link for the .cfg file:
www.leelanau.com/config.txt

I have autogenerate set to 1, debug on, etc.

------------------
farlane aka andrew mcfarlane
www.leelanau.com/pages/farlane/

[This message has been edited by farlane (edited March 08, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by farlane (edited March 08, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Error: No Matching Records In reply to
I was unable to access the config.txt file. I think you need to put it somewhere outside of your cgi-bin.

I added a record, but I was unable to delete it.

My guess is that there is a problem with your $db_key setting. That's usually the problem when the record isn't displayed after an addition.

If you'll move the config.txt file to a public directory, I'll be happy to take a look at it.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Re: Error: No Matching Records In reply to
Indeed.

Problem was apparently something to do with the .cfg file. To isolate, I uploaded the default files that come with dbman, ran it, and then replaced the user permissions code in my active file with the permissions from the default -- works fine.

Thanks to JPD for the help!

------------------
farlane aka andrew mcfarlane
www.leelanau.com/pages/farlane/