Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Error 305.....

Quote Reply
Error 305.....
Anyone seen this error message before ?

ERROR: The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.phone-fx.com/cgi-bin/database/db.cgi

The following error was encountered:

ERROR 305 -- The server stopped sending data.
This means that:

The network or remote site is down. Please try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've moved everything to another server, changing the .cfg file accordingly. This error is only generated when a new password request or new login request is made.

Everything else works as previous.

Any advise/solution appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Quote Reply
Re: Error 305..... In reply to
I went to your site and signed up for an account. I got a little message -- "The document contains no data." I submitted it a second time, and got "username already exists -- email address already exists." That tells me that the signup subroutine is working okay.

Then I went back to the original login page to get a new password sent. After I entered my email address, I again got "The document contains no data."

And I haven't gotten an email from either one as yet.

I would first check to see that your path to sendmail is correct. (It may be that it's just slow and I'll get the emails in due time.)

Then make sure that you have the subroutines "signup success" and "lookup success" subroutines in your html.pl file and that they are set up correctly.

If you can't figure it out, post .txt versions of your file on the web and let me know where I can take a look at them.

JPD
Quote Reply
Thanks for quick reply,
I've tried as suggested, but unless missed something glaringly obvious i'm stuck like a good'n !

The html & .cg are in at

http://www.phone-fx.com/html.txt
http://www.phone-fx.com/phonefx.txt

thanks for your time (and good luck)

Paul

Quote Reply
It's just luck that I happened to be at the forum at the same time you were. Smile

I notice that you have the email being sent for signup within html_signup_success. That would explain why I didn't get the email, since for some reason the page isn't loading.

You're sure that your path to sendmail is correct for the new server?

If so, try changing it to

$mailprog = "/usr/lib/sendmail -t";

(I don't think those extra tags really do anything that is vital for us to use. They are supposed to return messages that get bounced, but I haven't gotten them to work.)

If you still have the same problems, try commenting out the email routine from sub html_signup_success. Then try to sign up for a new account. You won't get sent an email, but at least you'll know if that's the problem.

JPD
Quote Reply
Hmmm...
I've changed the mailprog file, i will double check the sendmail path, but I have other cgi working with it, albeit very slow/awkwardly, I will have to ask my host about this also.

Odd, the user name and password are being saved to the .pass file ok and they are also sitting in the auth folder.

The task is getting this far, but then ceases to complete. What happens after this process? cos i reckon it's the next place to look.

Quote Reply
Did you try commenting out the email routine from sub html_signup_success? Did that make any difference?

JPD
Quote Reply
None at all !
The task must be stopping somewhere before that routine.

Paul

Quote Reply
Then the problem is somewhere in the db.cgi script. I'll need to take a look at that too.

JPD
Quote Reply
Hi, I've uploaded to..

http://www.phone-fx.com/db.txt

Thanks, paul

Quote Reply
I don't see what's wrong.

I intentionally signed up with wrong information several times to see how far the script would go. It went all the way up to sending out the email. But I didn't get the email.

When you had your html.pl file up, I seem to remember that you had email being sent at the beginning of sub html_signup_success. But you also have it being sent in sub signup. I don't think it needs to be there twice.

When you commented out the mail routine, did you comment out both of the mail routines? I really think this is the source of your problem.

JPD