Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Error Message

Quote Reply
Error Message
No matter what I change in the .cfg file I get this. What does it mean?

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : Error loading required libraries.
Check that they exist, permissions are set correctly and that they compile.
Reason: Can't locate default.cfg in @INC (@INC contains: http://www.surnameweb.org/centers/i/inman/cgi-bin /usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00401 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /mnt2/guide2/surnameweb/centers/i/inman/cgi-bin/db.cgi line 51.

Quote Reply
Re: Error Message In reply to
Hi Jim,

It means you've set $db_script_path to a url, not to a path! Make sure you set it to where the script is located on the computer (not where you go to get it from the internet). Set $db_script_path to '/mnt2/guide2/surnameweb/centers/i/inman/cgi-bin' and you should be set.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Error Message In reply to
I hope this doesn't sound rambling, but I've been working on getting this right for the last few hours. And I did it! I wanted to at least share my humble exprerience with everyone else.

This is a quick note to say *thank you* and to reply to the very message that made my installation of dbman worth all the while. I am using MindSpring's Control Panel to configure my cgi directory. The URL will eventually be http://www.trombone.net and I've been looking for a search method to query 4000+ entries of trombone-related information. Here are some of my "revelations" and highlights,

--During my endless editing of db.cgi and default.cfg it finally clicked in my mind that I was to leave out the trailing /'s.

--This topic "error message" was similar to my error messages, and the solution was nearly identical: I changed $db_script_path to my directory as it appears on my server not as it appears on the internet!

--I don't have a shell account to use chmod, so I didn't catch the error in the README file regarding 755 for db.cgi until someone mentioned it in another topic. I can only set permissions by checking or clearing RWX checkboxes for each level on the Control Panel form provided through MindSpring. I was unaware that 755 looked like rwxr-xr-x instead of rwxr--r-- as stated in README.

Many thanks to Gossamer Threads and Alex Krohn for an excellent program. I'm looking foward to customizing my the html output and adding more ascii files for multiple databases.

Just looking through these topics was enough of a resource for me to get it up and running. I'll drop a line soon to let you know how much progress I make. You guys are awesome!