Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Field Restrictions?

Quote Reply
Field Restrictions?
When I add more than 12 fields in the .cfg file, the puppy locks up on me and crashes that instance of the browser(IE 5.0 with all updates). No other functions work: add, view, delete, etc. When I cut the fields to 9-10, it works.

I believe this has been discussed but i can't find it through the search.

All permissions, commas, and such are correct. Default installation works perfectly. I have changed all of the file names, though, and have referenced them properly. The script works fine, but not with 12 fields?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Quote Reply
Re: Field Restrictions? In reply to
DBMAN in most servers and networks can handle up to 150 fields. One factor that may be affecting your problem is the number of characters allowed per field. If you have large text fields, let's say with 10,000 or more characters allowed, then logically speaking, your server may not be able to process the data (which if you multiple 12 fields by 10,000...that comes out to 120,000 bytes per record).

Another factor could be the $auth_user_field variable in your default.cfg file that should be set to your Userid field if you have one or if you don't, then you should set this variable to -1 like the following:

Code:

$auth_user_field = -1;

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
None of my fields are over 25 characters, so the first isn't the problem.

Tried the second, including:

$auth_user_field = -1;
$auth_user_field = -2;
$auth_user_field = 13;

The last is the Userid field.

Am I setting up my field definitions correctly? I have spaces in some of them and I think you're suppose to enclose them in single quotes. For example,

'Attached Gar.' => [12, 'alpha', 0, 3, 1, 'Yes', 'Yes|No'],

And the corresponding,

%db_radio_fields = ( 'C/A Heat' => 'Yes,No',
Pool => 'Yes,No',
'Attached Gar.' => 'Yes,No'
);

for the other field def's as well.

Is this the correct syntax?

I can now get to the "home" page, but it still pops the browser when I click anything else. In fact, it just popped a blue screen on me.

Quote Reply
Change the following field name:

Code:

'Attached Gar.'

to the following:

Code:

'Attached Gar'

No...period.

Regards.

Eliot Lee