Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

File Upload- link to text file

Quote Reply
File Upload- link to text file
Hi I am working on installing the file upload mod. I am running into a few problems:
1) I want to create a link to the file that has been upload so the user can simply click on the link and download the file.
2) The file won't upload when I add the record, but it seem to work when I modify the record..why? Does it have anything to do with my having the preview record mod installed.

Thanks

Reena
Quote Reply
Re: File Upload- link to text file In reply to
Reena, it is hard to tell what could be wrong without seeing your file. Please save your html.pl file as a text file (save as html.txt) and upload it to your server where the file can be viewed. Post the URL where the file can be seen via the web. (Please do NOT copy your file into the forum.)

Quote Reply
Re: File Upload- link to text file In reply to
Hi Karen-
Okay I realized that it is the preview record mod that is causing the trouble. I just took the mod out. Are you aware of any threads that discuss fixing the problem between the preview mod and the file upload mod?

So the files attach perfectly fine now. Only problem is there isn't a link for the files so the user and open and view the files. How do I make it such that a link comes up in the record? Also, I noticed when I hit modify record there is only the option to delete the associated files. Is there anyway to make it such that the user has the option to modify the file? Thanks for all your help!!!!

Reena