Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Help... Error keeps popping out

Quote Reply
Help... Error keeps popping out
Hi! I need help in figuring out what is wrong. I have an account at Tripod and I keep getting this error:
Your script produced this error: Can't find string terminator '"' anywhere before EOF at ./db.cgi line 687.

I know someone posted that he had a problem with tripod as well but I think it's a different problem as the error message is different.

Just out of curiousity, it was mentioned in several post that a file called Local.pm exist. Can I know what it is and where I can get it if it is the cause of my problem.

Thanks.

------------------
Julian
Quote Reply
Re: Help... Error keeps popping out In reply to
To answer your second question first -- Local.pm is part of the Perl distribution. My understanding is that it must be installed at the server level. You can't install it just in your directory. (If I'm mistaken, I'm sure someone will correct me.)

Regarding your error message: what have you changed in the db.cgi file? Did you change the line

$db_script_path = ".";

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Yeah I changed the line. But I changed it back. So I can't understand why it can't work.

------------------
Julian
Quote Reply
From the look of your error message, it would appear that there could be a missing quotation mark at the end of that line.

If you would like me to look at your file, please copy it to a web-accessible directory (one where you would place .html files) and rename the file to db_cgi.txt. Then come back here and tell me where I can find it.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
I copied the file on to the following address:

http://julianng.tripod.com/db_cgi.txt

------------------
Julian
Quote Reply
I'm not sure yet if this is the problem, but I do know this is incorrect:

Code:
$db_script_path = "http://cgi.tripod.com/julianng/cgi-bin/";

If you set this, it must be a path and not a URL. The best thing to do is to set it back to the original --

Code:
$db_script_path = ".";

I found the problem you're having. The entire file is not there. Upload the file again, with the change I mentioned above and give it another try.

------------------
JPD