Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Internal Error (not Server) after Configurator

Quote Reply
Internal Error (not Server) after Configurator
Hi! I downloaded DBMan a while back and used the configurator on the .cfg and html.pl files and it worked like a charm. That was along time ago, probably about six months. Anyway, I found myself in need of changing the fields I had made. So, I went into the config file and added the fields exactly as the others around them looked and then modified the html.pl file to work with the changes I had made in the .cfg file. Totally blind to the fact that I had already put stuff in the database, all the record data was in the wrong fields. So, I play around a little more trying to fix it - but instead, I made it worse. I said to myself, "You know, it's probably time to update this script and since it's already messed up, why not try to upgrade?" So, I came here and downloaded the script all over again, deleted the old one, and everything with it (every user, every database, etc), installed the new one and the demo worked perfectly. Okay, time to customize! I came back here and looked around for the link back to JPDeni's page, found it, and then went to the configurator. If my memory serves correctly, there had been a few changes in the configurator since I last saw it. So, I took my best shot at it with what I already knew and guessed the rest. When I finished, I got the two files, saved them as routes.cfg and html.pl and uploaded them to the server. Then I deleted the demo .cfg and ran the script - "DBMan experienced an internal error. Please turn on debugging to fix." Did that, but no change - still the same error and nothing else. So, I got a clean slate again and started all over. When I got to the saving of the custom configuration file, instead of being taken to a webpage with the stuff I needed to copy and paste, I was asked if I wanted to download config.cgi - I saved it as routes.cfg and html.pl, respectively. When I opened the files to see if it was the source code of config.cgi or my configuration files, I found a jumble of code which you could, if you looked close enough, tell was the .cfg and .pl files. Aparently, I got received the files in BINARY from the configurator because not only was it jumbled up - there were tiny boxes in place of where the "Returns" were; in other words, a tiny box where each new line was supposed to be. I repeated the process of deleting the files on my server and tried over and over, with slightly different settings each time, but nothing ever worked. It was either a 500 Internal Server Error when the file was d/l in BINARY, or a "DBMan experienced an internal error. Please turn on debugging to view," when I got it in ASCII or got it in BINARY and put the returns in manually. Now, some info on what I am using: I'm using hypermart.net's servers (webknights.hypermart.net), putting the files in the cgi-bin, although they can be used anywhere, and I'm using Internet Explorer at all times (except for uploading the files to the server - using CUTEFTP for that).
What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any and all help!

Quote Reply
Re: Internal Error (not Server) after Configurator In reply to
After posting, I realized I should probably make it easier on yall so - in a few minutes I'm going to take all the .cfg file, the .cgi, the .pl, and the .db files, copy their contents, and put them into .txt files so yall can see what the code is. Also, I'm going to have screen shots of what I'm doing in the configurator. May make it easier....

Quote Reply
Re: Internal Error (not Server) after Configurator In reply to
Okay, I've gone and uploaded the screen shots and the script stuff. Below is a small description of what each file is:

Permissions.jpg - First page of the configurator.
Fields.jpg - Second page of the configurator.
Fields1.jpg - Thrid page of the configurator.
Fields2.jpg - Fourth page of the configurator.
Miscellaneous.jpg - Fifth and page of the configurator.

Save Config File.jpg - This is the screen I get when I am told to save the configurator's version of the .cfg file. I saved it as default.cfg.

Save HTML File.jpg - This is the screen I get when I am told to save the configurator's version of the html.pl file. I saved it as html.pl.

Config File Binary.jpg - This is configurator's version of the .cfg file; the one downloaded in Save Config File.jpg picture - this the inside of that file. The configurator's version of the html.pl file looks like this also.

Aftermath.jpg - the results of uploading both of the configurator's .cfg and html.pl file. <font color="red">Note: I uploaded the original html.pl file over the configurator's version and the script goes back to working! However, the forms aren't right - the forms have a bunch of erros in them, but the script atleast runs! Please look into the html.pl files especially and see if there might be a bug.</font>

Now, for the script's files:

auth.pl.txt - Text version of the original authorization script.

configurators default config file.txt - Text version of the Configurator's .cfg file.

configurators html file.txt - Text version of the Configurator's html.pl file.

demo db.cgi file renamed to routes.cgi.txt - This is the .cgi file that came with the the original DBMan zip, only it's been renamed to routes.cgi (which works...).

demo default config file.txt - This is the default.cfg file that came with the original DBMan.zip.

demo html.pl.txt - This is the html.pl file that came with the original DBMan.zip.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Okay, that's it! All files are located here: <a href="http://webknights.hypermart.net/routeproblem">Route Database Problems!</A>

Thanks!