Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

KILL DBMAN AFTER EACH PROCESS? CGI WRAPPED PROBLEM

Quote Reply
KILL DBMAN AFTER EACH PROCESS? CGI WRAPPED PROBLEM
Hi All,

My CGI service has been cut off for a week now and MY ISP has advised me that DBMAN is exceeding the Maximum Number of Concurrent Processes which is 8. This has something to with the CGI wrapped environment that my script runs in. I have now been advised that it will kick out again unless I can kill the script after each and every process. i.e I have a search page which is displayed from html.pl after display i have to kill the script. After returning short result i have to kill the script and so on and so on has anybody any idea how to do this ? A prompt response would be most useful.

Regards

James Morris
Quote Reply
Re: [jamesamorris] KILL DBMAN AFTER EACH PROCESS? CGI WRAPPED PROBLEM In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi All,

My CGI service has been cut off for a week now and MY ISP has advised me that DBMAN is exceeding the Maximum Number of Concurrent Processes which is 8. This has something to with the CGI wrapped environment that my script runs in. I have now been advised that it will kick out again unless I can kill the script after each and every process. i.e I have a search page which is displayed from html.pl after display i have to kill the script. After returning short result i have to kill the script and so on and so on has anybody any idea how to do this ? A prompt response would be most useful.

Regards

James Morris
I have now narrowed down the problem following some testing carried out by my ISP the DBman script is found to be exiting 9 times out of 10 I have been advised that my DBMAN setup has a rogue process somewhere. Has anybody else encountered this problem ? and if so how does one find it ? . I think my ISP are being petty 9 times out of ten for anything is quite an achievement .