Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Login screen

Quote Reply
Login screen
I use Dbman on a stand alone computer with a xitami webserver. Everthing works, but if I use authentication I only see Home and Log off. I don't see a Login screen. I appriciate your help.
Thanks
Erik de Blaauw from The Netherlands
de.blaauw@hccnet.nl

------------------
idb
Quote Reply
Re: Login screen In reply to
You'll need to go into the auth.pl file and make some changes.

In sub auth_check_password, delete

Code:
elsif ($server_auth) { # The user has logged in via server authentication.
return ('ok', $server_auth, &auth_check_permissions($server_auth));
}

In sub auth_check_permissions

change

Code:
if ($ENV{'REMOTE_USER'} | | $ENV{'AUTH_USER'}) {
$username = $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'} | | $ENV{'AUTH_USER'};
}
else {
($userid =~ /^([A-Za-z0-9]+)\.\d+$/) ? ($username = $1) : return (0,0,0,0,0);
}

to

Code:
($userid =~ /^([A-Za-z0-9]+)\.\d+$/) ? ($username = $1) : return (0,0,0,0,0);

The problem is that xitami sends either a $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'} or a $ENV{'AUTH_USER'}) automatically, which the script is interpreting as someone logging in through .htaccess.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Thanks JPD for your quick reply. I now get the Logon screen (yes very nice), but the logon screen don't accept my username,passwords. Very strange because I use the right username and password. JPD do you or another member of the forum have a usefull sugestion for me.

Sorry for my bad english but I'am from the Netherlands so it is very difficult for me.

Thanks

------------------
idb
Quote Reply
Since you're using the script on your home computer and no one but you has access to it, there's really no point in forcing you to log in at all.

Just set

$auth_no_authentication = 1;
@auth_default_permissions = (1,1,1,1,1);

That will bypass the login screen altogether.

If you don't want to do that, here's what to try:

Set up the .cfg file as above. Go to your database and click the "Admin" link. Delete all of the usernames that are in the list and add new ones for yourself. Then change the .cfg file back to what you had before. It should work now.

No problem about your English. I understand what you're saying. If I don't understand, I'll ask. Smile

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
I only work on a stand alone computer with xitami, because I can easy test everything. If it works well I use dbman on the internet on a unix server. I hope I simply can upload the files without a lot of problems, but that is for later.

------------------
idb
Quote Reply
I have a similar problem. All of the information goes through but the image does not upload. Did you solve the problem? Thanks.
-Greg
Quote Reply
Erik, you'll probably have to make a lot of changes when you upload to your server anyway. I would go ahead and work with the script now as I have suggested, using no authentication and then change the permissions when you upload the script.

Gregorio, are you talking about the file upload script?

------------------
JPD