Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Lost info in text field on modify ?/?

Quote Reply
Lost info in text field on modify ?/?
I thought I saw a disccusion on this somewhere. Could somebody point me in the right direction or clue me in?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Lost info in text field on modify ?/? In reply to
I don't know where to find it. If you'll explain your problem a little more, though, I'll be happy to try to find the answer for you.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
I was looking too, but just can't find it. Well, wht happends is that you enter info into a text box. View the info -- no problem. Then you go back and decide to modify the record and whamo your text box (textarea) info is wipped clean, but all the other information is like it should be. for example someone puts info in like a description area,"Hi, I'm from japan and I like banging my head on the desk everytime I can't figure something new out in perl." After you added the new record you realized that japan and perl need to be capitalized so you go back and want to edit/modify the the text box but what you wrote is gone Frown Well, I guess I want something like what this disccusion forum can do with editing your own messages without losing the info.

did you understand all that blubbering?
What you think JP?
Quote Reply
My guess is that your field name for the textarea is named wrong -- not the same as the field name in the .cfg file.

That's what it usually is when it happens to me. Smile

------------------
JPD