Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Main menu... no permissions?

Quote Reply
Main menu... no permissions?
Hi all,

When logging into my newly created database, I have no permissions at all (even 'list all' and 'view' are gone).

After successfully installing DBMan and playing around with default.db, I wanted to set up my own database.
To make it easy, I copied the default.cfg file to a new name, and created the other files (.count, .pass, .db. Then I configured the copy of my default.cfg file (now known as tracks.cfg) to match with the other new (empty) files.

When logging in (using the password I stored in tracks.pass), I have no permissions to do anything. How comes? In the .cfg file I enabled everything as default permission, but no success. My file permissions are 666.

What goes wrong here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote Reply
Re: [JayDee] Main menu... no permissions? In reply to
It's not easy to guess what you may have entered for permissions as it's not clear why if the default had permission to do everything why you would need to login.

As part of JPDeni's excellent DBMan tutorial there is a section on setting permissions.

I think this will really help you to see exactly how to set this up for your needs. The url is http://jpdeni.com/dbman/

Hope this helps

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] Main menu... no permissions? In reply to
LoisC ,

Thanks for the reply.
I have been reading through the tutorials (especially the SET PERMISSIONS part). From there I learned how to enter as a default user.

Because of my configuration (tried a lot ofcourse), I could do everything as default user.
Then I tried to view my Admin account, but it could not be found in the password file.

It turned out that the .pass file was kinda corrupted so DBman couldn't read my permissions.
After copying the .pass file from my demo database everything went OK again.

(I hope this helps others)