Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Main menu

Quote Reply
Main menu
Hi,
I have a problem after the login mask.
I loged in to my own db named member.db, but in main menu all links are reffering to the default.db.
when i´m retyping default to member in the adressline from my browser it runs well. this could not be the rigt way for a "normal" user. who knows about this problem and can help me.
thanks to all.

I hope my english is to understand because my language is german.

greetings
Fanta

Quote Reply
Re: Main menu In reply to
Hi,

Ummm ... did you change the links in default.dfg or what ever you called it ?

From line 36 - 51 about, you can see your variables.

# Full Path and File name of the database file.
$db_file_name = $db_script_path . "/default.db";

try changing out the default.db with member.db -- also if you have other files that ony relate to the member information then rename those too.

good luck!

hehe, I'm american -- well .... and my English is horrible so don't worry, we'll figure out what you want to say.

on the pages in between ...
Quote Reply
Hi, no this is not the problem.
The definition for the links is in the html.pl and refers to the database.cfg like:
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url">Home<.

In my mind I can use one html.pl to more than one database and when I am changing between this databases the links will not be refreshed.
But everytime I did a new login like db.cgi?=dbname.
Should I create for each database a own html.pl??

greetings
Fanta

Quote Reply
Now I created an dbnamehtml.pl but I had the same effect.
And when the default.* files are not in the same directory nothing works. I wonder..........

Fanta

Quote Reply
Ok, code you post your default.cfg lines 36-51 (the area that sets your links).

Making another html.pl will make no real difference "Unless" you want users to see different html ... I have 2 html.pl's (of course different names) running on my site. Each is designed slightly differently 1- for regular guest the other 2- is for people who have higher permissions (I have a shopping cart tied in and the other folks get a better discount -- sadly though these same folks sometimes click the wrong area and buy the more expensive version then complain ;-) Oh well ...

anyway, the reason for checking the default.cfg or whatever you called it is because then you'll see how the links are automatically sent to html.pl and your other html.pl

Yes, without the default files in the same directory won't work since the default.cfg is probably not configured correctly.

good luck

Quote Reply
Hi,

Oh I am so stupid. Now I found what happened!
I called the database like db.cgi?=member, but right is db.cgi?db=member.

thanks to all for help,
wish a nice, day, evening, morning, wherever you are

greetings
Fanta

Quote Reply
Fanta,

Glad you found the problem. :-)

sorry if I wasn't too helpful. :-(

Good luck