Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Modifying the user permissions

Quote Reply
Modifying the user permissions
I have $auth_view_own = 1;

Yet I would like users with the "delete" right, to be able to view all records, not just his own.

I have 3 levels of users:
1 admin
technitions
users

I would like the technitions (which have the delete right) to be able to see all the records.

I took a look at dbman.cgi, but was scared to do anything to it. Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Modifying the user permissions In reply to
I'm not sure what permissions you want. Can users view all records or only their own? Can technicians modify and delete all records or only their own?

------------------
JPD
Quote Reply
Users can only see their own entries ($auth_view_own = 1)

I have some users (technicians) with a delete and modify right. Problem is, they can't see any records (except for their own.)

The way the script works, is, if you set $auth_view_own = 1; then the only user that can over-ride that is an admin.

I am trying to figure out a way to get the techs to be able to see all entries like the admin.

[This message has been edited by Katana Man (edited January 13, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Maybe someone else will have more information, but as far as I know the only way to give your technicians "view all" rights with your setup is to give them admin status.

------------------
JPD
Quote Reply
That's right if you have view_only set, the only way to override that is with admin access. The only thing I can think of is to go into &query and edit the permission check. Something like:

Code:
($restricted = 1) if ($_[0] eq "view" and $auth_view_own and !$per_admin);

Just change $per_admin to $per_del and it might work. That would mean the only people who could view records are people with delete access. Untested, but possible. Smile

Cheers,

Alex