Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Multiple password files?

Quote Reply
Multiple password files?
Can multiple password files be used for one database? I have 2 groups of users. Group A can access using a password they already have. This list of users numbers 25,000 and I need to have all of these in the password file. Group B isn't nearly as big, and I can generate passwords for them as they trickle in.

This huge password file seriously slows down my admin functions. Frustrating, when all I need to do is add new users and records periodically. Can I have 2 password files, one for Group A and another for Group B?

Thanks,
Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Multiple password files? In reply to
Well, the easy one is to have two config file. One point to group A password file and other to B but both of this file point to the same database file

[This message has been edited by aneip (edited December 15, 1998).]
Quote Reply
Do you mean 2 .cgi files? What do I set to point to the 2 password files but 1 database?

When I want to administer changes in each password file, do I access them by directing my browser through the different .cgi files?

Thanks for the reply,
Steve
Quote Reply
Hi Steve

No, what I anaip said is two .cfg files. Dbman comes with a default one called default.cfg. If you look inside there is a variable ($auth_pw_file) that you can change to point at a different password file.

So, call your dbman differently depending on which config file (and hence which user group) you want to change. The readme file shows you howto.

Cheers
-JO