Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Multipul Search

Quote Reply
Multipul Search
I'd like to know if DBMan can do a multipul search using check boxes.
I've managed to change the text box area into check boxes. The problem is, let's say there are to check boxes in the TITLE field. One has a value of Windows, and the other has Mac. When ever I check one of them and do a search, I get the results I want. But when I check both boxes, intending to get results that have both "Windows" and "Mac", or just either of those like "Windows" only in the data, I don't get it. Only datas with both the words come up on the result.
I hope I'm making sense.
Please tell me if this is all possible.
Thanx.
Quote Reply
Re: Multipul Search In reply to
The best thing to do is create two checkboxes with different Names rather than two values for one checkbox....

Like the following:

Code:
%db_checkbox_fields = (
Windows => (Windows),
Mac => (Mac)
) ;

Then the checkbox option will work the way that you want it to.

This means that you will have to add another field to your %db_def hash in the default.cfg file, and use the Upgrade Database script in the Resource Center to add a delimiter to the end of your database for this new field.

BTW: This question should be posted in the DBMAN Discussion Forum, not here in the Installation Forum if you have already installed DBMAN successfully.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center

[This message has been edited by AnthroRules (edited March 08, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Thank you very much.
I'll post any further messages to the other board. No wonder why I could not find any
posts related to this problem.....
Thanks for helping. I'll try that.
Quote Reply
You're welcome.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center