Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

NT 4.0 / IIS Instal probs, runs but doesn't work

Quote Reply
NT 4.0 / IIS Instal probs, runs but doesn't work
Hey, I've done everything I could think of and the script still won't run on my NT 4.0/IIS environment. I did everything that was listed in the Install onto Windows NT check list that was posted in the forums, but I can only get as far as a title screen of sorts with the debug information listed below.

A couple of things to note that may be of help. The Web root of my server is installed onto the D:/ drive of the server instead of the C:/ drive. I have been able to get other simple Perl scripts to work however. The script is running on an Intranet behind a firewall. It hasn't worked for me from within the firewall or from outside using VPN. The full URL that I'm using for this install is also uses a vanity domain (name.myhost.com).

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly greatly appreciate it. I'm going nuts! (For me that's a short trip.)

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : Debug Information
Script Location : d:\inetpub\smirking\cgi-bin\dbman\db.cgi
Perl Version : 5.006
Setup File : default.cfg

Form Variables
-------------------------------------------

Environment Variables
-------------------------------------------
AUTH_TYPE : NTLM
AUTH_USER : SMIRKING\Smirk
COMPUTERNAME : BIGMAMA
COMSPEC : C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe
CONTENT_LENGTH : 0
GATEWAY_INTERFACE : CGI/1.1
HTTPS : off
HTTP_ACCEPT : image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, */*
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflate
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-us
HTTP_CONNECTION : Keep-Alive
HTTP_HOST : neosas.SMIRKING.com
HTTP_USER_AGENT : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 4.0)
INCLUDE : C:\Program Files\Mts\Include
INSTANCE_ID : 4
LIB : C:\Program Files\Mts\Lib
LOCAL_ADDR : 10.148.1.59
LOGON_USER : SMIRKING\Smirk
NTRESKIT : D:\NTRESKIT
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS: 1
OS2LIBPATH : C:\WINNT\system32\os2\dll;
PATH : C:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;D:\NTRESKIT;D:\NTRESKIT\Perl;C:\MSSQL7\BINN;C:\Program Files\Mts
PATHEXT : .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.JS
PATH_INFO : /cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi
PATH_TRANSLATED : d:\inetpub\neoroot\cgi-bin\dbman\db.cgi
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE: x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL : 6
PROCESSOR_REVISION : 0803
REMOTE_USER : SMIRKING\Smirk
REQUEST_METHOD : GET
SCRIPT_NAME : /cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi
SERVER_NAME : neo.SMIRKING.com
SERVER_PORT : 80
SERVER_PORT_SECURE : 0
SERVER_PROTOCOL : HTTP/1.1
SERVER_SOFTWARE : Microsoft-IIS/4.0
SYSTEMDRIVE : C:
SYSTEMROOT : C:\WINNT
UNMAPPED_REMOTE_USER: SMIRKING\Smirk
USERPROFILE : C:\WINNT\Profiles\NetAssocAcct
WINDIR : C:\WINNT

Quote Reply
Re: NT 4.0 / IIS Instal probs, runs but doesn't work In reply to
Uh...look in your default.cfg file for $db_debug...TURN the variable OFF by selecting 0.

Code:

$db_debug = 0;

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Ok, I did turn debugging off, but is that going to do anything to help me get the script running? I get the same results. I just don't get the fun error log anymore. Pardon me for being totally clueless about this, but why would turning debugging off help?

Thanks,

Sheldon

Quote Reply
Uh...if that error message appears, but you able to use the script, like logging in, then the CAUSE of that error message printing is that you HAVE de-BUGGING TURNED on...I simply suggested TURNING it off the REMOVE the error message!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Ah ok, I guess I made my problem sound a bit different from what it really is in my original post. I'm getting the page that the "default user" gets, except there are no options. I can't add, view, modify, delete, etc. etc. The only options I have are "Home" and "Logoff."

I've found what appears to be the source of my problem though. For some reason I'm having problems authenticating. If I turn off authentication in my "default.cfg" file, the script runs fine. If I turn it back on, it's back to the two option screen again. Anyone run into this before?

Quote Reply
try looking at your .cfg file. In the file there are options to dictate what permissions a normal user can get. If you want a normal user to have add, view, delete, modify permissions set the permissions to 1,1,1,1,0. For admin permissions, set permissions to 1,1,1,1,1.

Hope this will help.

Julian
Quote Reply
Thanks Vampy. I tried messing with all of the individual authenticating variables though and I keep finding the bottom line is if I have authentication turned on, the script doesn't really get far. If I turn authetnication off, I'm all set, but now I can't designate individual users or user levels. Anyone see this before?

Quote Reply
Can you post a .txt version of the default.cfg file on your website so that people can view it and maybe help you solve your problem? Make sure that it is .txt format and is accessible to people.

Julian