Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Permissions Problem Please help!!!

Quote Reply
Permissions Problem Please help!!!
Hi
I have downloaded the DDBMAN everything is working fine but I am not able to give the permissions to the user only to change his record , IF I set $auth_modify_own = o it gives the user to delete ,or modify anybody's record IF I set $auth_modify_own = 1 It will not allow the user to change his record also !!How do I solve the Problem ???
Can anyone help me Please !!
Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Permissions Problem Please help!!! In reply to
There's a great tutorial on JPDeni's web site which includes a section on setting permissions.

http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/tutorial4.html

This should help you in setting your permissions.

Hope this helps Smile
Quote Reply
If you want users to be able to modify their own records, you must have a field for the Userid. And you must set the $auth_user_field variable to the number of that field.

This is the only thing I can figure out that might be your problem without seeing your .cfg file.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Hi,
Thank you very much LoisC & JPDeni for replying me back. As per your reply I went ahead & corrected my cfg file where I had removed The UserID & I had changed according to my needs . Then I figured out that is the one which tracks the user record & reentered into my cfg file. Now it is working fine . I appereciate your wonderful help.
Thank you
Susan