Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Problem Moving to NT?

Quote Reply
Problem Moving to NT?
I just moved my database from a UNIX server to an NT server. I'm getting the following error:

----------------
CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Missing right bracket at D:\64.226.224.202\cgi-bin\dbman\db.cgi line 442, at end of line
syntax error at D:\64.226.224.202\cgi-bin\dbman\db.cgi line 442, at EOF
Execution of D:\64.226.224.202\cgi-bin\dbman\db.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.

----------------

Here's the link to my database on the NT server:
http://64.226.224.202/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi?db=crew

In the .cfg file, I changed the db_dir_url to:
$db_dir_url = "http://64.226.224.202/cgi-bin/dbman";

I've changed nothing else.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Eugene1] Problem Moving to NT? In reply to
Unless this is something specific to NT (ie, the file dies at a certain point) although I don't think it is, then the problem should lie with:

Quote:
Missing right bracket at D:\64.226.224.202\cgi-bin\dbman\db.cgi line 442, at end of line
syntax error at D:\64.226.224.202\cgi-bin\dbman\db.cgi line 442, at EOF
Execution of D:\64.226.224.202\cgi-bin\dbman\db.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.
Get a text editor where you can view line numbers (textpad is great for this) and then check out db.cgi to see if you're missing a bracket. Did you modify the db.cgi file? If not, perhaps the file didn't upload to NT properly, or didn't download from Unix properly. Also keep in mind that the error could be occuring somewhere near line 442 but isn't "triggered" until the system goes looking for an "end" to the function/routine.

Hope this helps...

<LATER COMMENTS>
The more I read your post, the more I (personally) feel that it is probably due to a bad upload, or something. I have never ran dbman on NT. Search the forum and see what turns up. Try using "incomplete headers" and "NT" to see what you get. (I'm basing this on the fact that you said you didn't change anything.) Hopefully someone with NT has experienced something similar and can help you.
</LATER COMMENTS>

Last edited by:

Watts: Oct 1, 2001, 10:08 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Problem Moving to NT? In reply to
Thanks for the reply,

I re-re-uploaded all my files (per most every other email in this forum) and finally the script started to run. I then got a new error, "error loading required libraries".

After scouring many posts, I found that I am one of the few who needs to define my script path in .cgi to

$db_script_path = 'D:/64.226.224.202/cgi-bin/dbman';

with forward slashes!

This may be an NT thing.

Thanks again.