Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Problems installing on NT

Quote Reply
Problems installing on NT
I'm trying to setup DBman on a windows nt system and I got this error again and again:

Bare word found where operator expected at d:\xvrt\mangaes.com\Html\cgi-bin\dbman\db.pl line 50, near "unless ($db_setup =~ /^[A-Za-z0-9]+$/) { die "Invalid"
(Do you need to predeclare unless?)
syntax error at d:\xvrt\mangaes.com\Html\cgi-bin\dbman\db.pl line 50, near "unless ($db_setup =~ /^[A-Za-z0-9]+$/) { die "Invalid config "
String found where operator expected at d:\xvrt\mangaes.com\Html\cgi-bin\dbman\db.pl line 51, near "require ""
(Might be a runaway multi-line "" string starting on line 50)
(Missing semicolon on previous line?)
Scalar found where operator expected at d:\xvrt\mangaes.com\Html\cgi-bin\dbman\db.pl line 51, near "require "$db_setup"
(Do you need to predeclare require?)
String found where operator expected at d:\xvrt\mangaes.com\Html\cgi-bin\dbman\db.pl line 52, near "r

I followed the instructions on the faq but It's not working. Previously in a unix system I had no problems but in that nt it's not working. Anybody could help me please?
Quote Reply
Re: Problems installing on NT In reply to
Hi, did you set the path in db.pl? If so, check to make sure you closed the quotes properly, it looks like you have left one out.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Yes it's set. I checked it out and tried again but I'm getting the same error. Here's the code in the db.pl

$db_script_path = "d:\xvrt\mangaes.com\Html\cgi-bin\dbman\";

# Load the form information and set the config file and userid.
local(%in) = &parse_form;
$in{'db'} ? ($db_setup = $in{'db'}) : ($db_setup = 'default');
$in{'uid'} ? ($db_uid = $in{'uid'}): ($db_uid = '');

eval {
unshift (@INC, $db_script_path);
require 5.003; # We need at least Perl 5.003
unless ($db_setup =~ /^[A-Za-z0-9]+$/) { die "Invalid config file name: $db_setup"; }
require "$db_setup.cfg"; # Database Definition File
require "auth.pl"; # Authorization Routines
};
if ($@) { &cgierr ("Error loading required libraries.\nCheck that they exist, permissions are set correctly and that they compile.\nReason: $@"); }

I don't know what else I could try...
Quote Reply
Jamie's right:

Quote:
$db_script_path = "d:\xvrt\mangaes.com\Html\cgi-bin\dbman\";

The backslash before the quote tells perl that it's not an end of quote, but rather a regular quote (you've escaped it).

Instead use forward slashes:

$db_script_path = "d:/xvrt/mangaes.com/Html/cgi-bin/dbman";

also no trailing / is required.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Hi andromeda...

I would suggest putting the escape characters before the back-slashes in all your path definitions.

$db_script_path = "d:\\xvrt\\mangaes.com\\Html\\cgi-bin\\dbman\\";

Cheers
-JO