Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Problems modifing Dbase with 4145 records

Quote Reply
Problems modifing Dbase with 4145 records
Hello Jeff Here. I am setting up a Database for Bernheim Reseach forest (they are Non-Profit). As soon as I sell a Dbase setup I will send you a check. Your product is great. The problem that I am having with the database is that if I modifiy third element of the first record the database moves the sixth element into the third element. this is just one of the anomalies. I beleive that the root of the problems are in the fact that
the database started as an excel spreadsheet with 4145 records. I have converted this excel spreadsheet to ascii and delimited it so that each record exists on its own line with it's elements delimited by |.
I have had no problems with searching or viewing the records (it is amazingly fast), yet when I modify or add records the results are unpredictible. I sometimes end up with "~~" or "|" inserted before the data. Would you please take a look at it?
http://www.sellersburg.com/cgi-bin/bernheimdb/db.cgi.
don't worry bout harming anything as i am sure that the database is already corupt.
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Problems modifing Dbase with 4145 records In reply to
Greetings,

I don't think it is your database. It sounds more like you have a problem in one of your forms. Check your html.pl file carefully. When this usually happens it means that somwhere along the line one record name might be misspelled. This is what happened to me, and I caught a spelling error and the problem went away.

Sometimes they are hard to catch too, but if the data is alrigth when searching and the only problem is modifying and adding, you must be sure that the rec name in the forms are excatly like those chosen in the .cfg file.

-Norm