Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Questions

Quote Reply
Questions
I have 14 diferent databases and they work fine. But I want to have 1 search form that searches all of them at once. Is it possible and how?

And my second question:
When I add a record I have to be in the exact database I want to add it to. Can I have a drop-down menu in the add form to choose in which database I want to add the record?

I hope you understand what I want..
Quote Reply
Re: Questions In reply to
I don't know of any way to search in multiple databases at once. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Regarding your second question, yes, you could have a drop-down list for the database names.

In sub html_add_form, delete

Code:
<input type=hidden name="db" value="$db_setup">

and make a select list with the name "db" that includes the names of the .cfg files for your databases (minus the ".cfg" part). Does this make sense?

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
ok
instead of $db_setup i put my database name... is that right?

So there is absolutely no way to search all of my databases at once?
It is very important...
Can't you invent something?
Quote Reply
Delete the hidden field and make a select field that lists the names of your .cfg files. (We may be saying the same things here.)

Searching on multiple databases would require a complete rewriting of sub query, which is the "guts" of DBMan.

I have been sitting here for quite a while trying to figure out how to explain why this is a problem, but I can't find the words to do it.

May I ask why you have 14 databases? Do they all have the same structure?

------------------
JPD